KRISTI BAKER is currently pursuing her PhD in Special Education from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. Born and raised in Texas, Kristi earned her Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of Houston and her Master’s in Special Education from Southern Methodist University. Over the past 10 years, Kristi has worked with a broad spectrum of students in elementary through high school with varying disabilities and is passionate about serving students with special needs. Most recently, Kristi has worked with other teachers within a local, urban charter district as the special education coordinator. In this role, she worked to implement systems to ensure that all schools within the district had the resources needed to serve their growing populations of students with IEPs and 504 plans. Kristi plans to focus her work on interventions that address the over-classification of minority students in special education. Beyond work and school, Kristi is very active in her church and enjoys reading, cooking, and spending quality time with family and friends.
- Webinar series on supporting students with intensive needs during the pandemic
- Collaborative Research Review Project Results in Publication Submission
- SPOTLIGHT on Cross-institutional Collaboration: Project FOCUS
- SPOTLIGHT: Faculty-Scholar Collaboration
- NCLII 2017 Fall Meeting
- Mental Health Services in Schools: Literature Review